Greetings and salutations! I hope you’ve had a lovely weekend.
Earlier today, (6 in the morning to be precise) my family and I drove to Buffalo for a quick jaunt. It was quite the fun time!
The sky was clear, the air fresh, the sun up, it was beautiful! Especially since yesterday we had a bad storm, and some power lines and trees were knocked over.
On our way, I spotted an office building called Nova Steel Production… *wide eyes* Is this a sign? (AIO fans, this is for you. If you don’t get it just keep on scrolling!)
These are pictures of the big bridges we crossed. I love crossing bridges. It’s kind of scary, but thrilling at the same time!
We also got to see the great Niagara Falls while we were driving!
Fun Facts About the Falls
- the name Niagara was taken and adapted from the Mohawks.
- Niagara Falls is separated into three falls: Horseshoe, American, and the Bridal Veil falls.
- The biggest falls, Horseshoe, is on the Canadian side. (Yipee! 🙂 )
- More than 6 million cubic feet of water goes over every minute. That’s a lot of water! Think of all the swimming pools it’d fill.
- in 1901, Michigan school teacher Anne Edson Taylor went over the falls in nothing but a barrel. What’s shocking? She was only 63 years old!
Alright, time to take off the tour guide hat now. Wikipedia has such useful information, doesn’t it?
We entered New York through Niagara Falls, and passing by the streets in the early morning was so fun!
One pretty interesting thing about morning driving is that you get to see all the big stores and businesses closed, and empty. We passed by a store dedicated to Hershey’s chocolate (yum) and displayed old ads from the 1900s featuring Hershey’s. I also saw this tiny, tiny ice cream shop shaped like a giant cone. It reminded me a lot of Whit’s End! Sadly however, I couldn’t get any good pictures of both shops.
We stayed around for a bit, saw some places, then headed back. And thus concludes our mini road trip! I hope you’ve enjoyed! Do you like road trips? Have you ever seen the Falls? Let me know, won’t you?
And here to reward you for bearing with me is a picture of a Hershey’s kiss! Thanks for reading!