Happy last day of January, everyone! It’s the 31st day of the year. Can you believe that? Cause, no, I can’t. It seriously feels like I was still binging on The Two Towers ridiculously late at night, and now, here we are. Doing a blog post.
I’m honored to be one of the last in a long line of bloggers for The Daily Life of Hailey Grace blog tour- huge thanks to Livy Jarmusch for reaching out! Livy’s a YA author herself, and she’s organized a group of people to help promote a newly published author, Beloved..
Beloved is a ministry leader and Christian Romance Author born and raised in Miami, FL. She spends much of her time studying the scriptures and has a gift for sharing the Gospel. Through her debut novel, Beloved hopes to inspire youth to seek God whole-heartily, knowing there is nothing impossible with Him on their side!
And her novel!
For Hailey Grace, birthdays suck! She hopes with all her heart that her big day passes without gifts, or even a birthday wish. But with loving parents and two witty best friends who keep her on her toes, there’s no telling what adventure Hailey Grace will be forced to explore this time. Unexpectedly, her best friend Alex challenges her to do something she’s never done before. With that comes a whole new set of rules, and another life Hailey isn’t sure she’s quite ready for. Now questioning all that she has ever believed, she takes Alex up on the dare by asking for something that no one but God can give her. Her request also comes with a twenty-four-hour deadline. As the minutes slowly but surely tick by, Hailey’s life shifts into overdrive and she wonders if she has asked for too much too soon.
· Now, if you’ve seen the whole schedule, you might be expecting a book review as well as an interview. Due to some (technical) difficulties, and some confusion with links, I wasn’t able to get a copy to review in time for the post. 😦 But I’m looking forward to reading it nonetheless!
And now, please welcome Beloved up to the imaginary stage! 😀
So, to start things off..What’s the best thing about being a writer so far?
The best thing about writing is creating a world that readers can escape into to make their life that much more enjoyable.
· That’s so true! I think that’s the joy of fiction, escaping. Uh, anyway..Where did the inspiration for this story come from?
The inspiration for The Daily Life of Hailey Grace came from Jesus. I remembered Him giving me this image of this little girl and the name to call her. I fell in love with the story, and the setting. There’s so much more behind that, but overall I just had to tell Hailey’s story.
· That is so awesomely cool! I’ve heard people gain inspiration from like, looking at random people, but never one like that. So what do you hope your readers will take away from this novel?
I hope readers will take hope away with them. I know everyone is coming from different walks of life, and we’re not all in the same place. But I believe everyone can use a little bit more of hope to get them through every day. I pray readers will draw such hope from The Daily Life of Hailey Grace.
· Amen. everyone can use hope. 🙂 Favorite ever writing snack?
My writing snack is potato chips! All kinds.
· Ooohhh, chips! I’m hungry now. 😛 Who was your hardest character to develop?
My hardest character to develop was Prince, because of who he represents.
· Sounds like a character I can’t wait to read about! Are you planning on publishing any more novels?
Oh yes! I plan on publishing many novels. There will be two more in the Hailey Grace Series. And I have quite a few things in the works that will follow afterwards.
· Eep! Looking forward to it! How’d this writing journey start? When did you know you wanted to write a book?
I knew I wanted to write books for years now. Probably since I was a teenager, but only seriously pursue it about three years ago.
· Ooh, that’s great! I’m glad you got to achieve that goal! 😀 Alright, was wondering, if you had an audience full of people and you could only tell them one thing, what would it be?
I would tell that audience that Jesus loves them and there’s nothing they could do to ever change that.
· And that’s probably one of the best things you can say. 🙂 What did you do when you were so tired of writing (if you were)?
When moments of weariness occur, I would take a little break and pray and read my bible. It never fails to ignite my passion again to write and lose myself in the story.
· *claps* Wow. It’s kinda funny, I don’t remember to do that until like, editing. XD But you do it throughout writing too. That’s.. pretty inspiring. 🙂 Finally, what’s the first birthday you remember?
I would say my 17th birthday, when my mom surprised me with having balloons delivered to my high school with gold fish crackers inside the gift bag. That was like one of my favorite snacks in high school and one of my favorite memories.
DID SOMEONE SAY GOLDFISH YUM. That is a pretty sweet birthday! Well, thanks for letting me interview you, and I can’t wait to see where writing will take you! 😀
Check out Beloved’s weblinks here!
And if you’re interested in The Daily Life Of Hailey Grace, you should get the book from Amazon, and mark it on Goodreads if you can. 😉
Ooh, oh, there’s also a giveaway for an autographed copy of The Daily Life of Hailey Grace, as well as a $10.00 Amazon Gift Card! There will be 3 book winners, and one Grand Prize Winner will receive the Gift Card in addition to their copy. Excited yet?
Go. and. join. and read! ‘Nuff said. 🙂
Life is a highway,